Tuesday, January 12, 2010

LIKE MOST FISH TALES, THIS ONE KEEPS GROWING

IS THERE ANYTHING MORE CELEBRATORY THAN FLOWERS IN WINTER...As is the case with many fish tales, this one just keeps on growing, hopefully in a more interesting way than the usual gills and scales things - not to disparage those of the ichthyology persuasion; I am, after all, a Pisces myself...
 


This is really a follow-up to all that has gone before on the Crazy Killer Carp story and whether I ever managed to get the story filed and ultimately published as a hard-hitting news-story on helium.com, thereby establishing myself as one of their news journalists with a byline (with picture published at the beginning of the column, if you please) and well, YES I DID!

Do I think it's the best thing I've ever written? No. The worst? Not by a long-shot. For something written pretty much to a deadline, I am pleased with the way it turned out. I am absurdly happy that they also ran my photo of the fish. The things I wish I could have done better are the links to YouTube, Yahoo, Google; the poll, comments, search and comments etc. I think all of these "extras" are probably what attract people to a site (sad but true) and keep them coming back to see what you're up to next, so it will behoove me to learn at least this much of the technology.

And what I'm up to next is going to have to be on my mind pretty quickly if I want to be part of this game...you can view this much touted story here http://tinyurl.com/ygpzbkb

No comments:

Post a Comment